Breakfast: Breakfast Parfait
Lunch: Un-Caesar Salad Wrap w/ Eggplant Bacon
- 1 eggplant, sliced into ¼-inch-thick rounds
- 3 tbsp reduced-sodium tamari
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 cups BPA-free canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, optional
- Almond Parmesan
- 1/4 cup almond flour/meal
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 heads kale, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tbsp capers, finely chopped
- 6 10-inch whole-grain tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss together all Eggplant Bacon ingredients and evenly arrange on baking sheet. Cover eggplant with any remaining liquid from bowl. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until all liquid has evaporated and eggplant is firm. Let cool. Thinly slice lengthwise to create “bacon” slivers or cut in half. Set aside.
- To a blender, add all dressing ingredients plus 2 tbsp water and blend until very smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together Almond Parmesan ingredients. Set aside.
- In a bowl, toss dressing with kale, sun-dried tomatoes and capers. Divide evenly among tortillas and top with Almond Parmesan and Eggplant Bacon; roll tightly. Wrap individually in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 3 days.
- To store for future assembly, place kale into a resealable bag with a damp cloth or paper towel; transfer dressing to a Mason jar; and place Almond Parmesan and Eggplant Bacon in separate resealable bags. Refrigerate up to 5 days.
Dinner: Smoky Tomato- Baked Chicken w/ Baby Potatoes
- 2 tbsp whole-wheat flour
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper, divided
- 8 bone-in, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 lb baby potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups unsalted tomato sauce
- 3/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 to 2 large red and/or yellow bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Mist a large roasting pan with cooking spray. In a wide, shallow dish, mix together flour, paprika, oregano and ¼ tsp each salt and black pepper. Dredge chicken in flour mixture, turning to coat and shaking off excess.
- In a large nonstick skillet on medium-high, heat 2 tsp oil. Add half of chicken and cook, turning once, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Transfer to prepared roasting pan. Repeat with another 2 tsp oil and remaining chicken.
- In a large bowl, toss together potatoes, 1 tsp oil and remaining 1/4 tsp black pepper. Add to roasting pan, spreading around chicken. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat remaining 1 tsp oil on medium. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in tomato sauce, pepper flakes and remaining ¼ tsp salt and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Pour tomato sauce mixture over chicken and potatoes and top with bell peppers. Return to oven and bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of chicken reads 165˚F and potatoes and bell peppers are tender, about 20 minutes.