Breakfast: Tutti Frutti Muesli
- ½ cup nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt
- ½ cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- ¼ cup diced apple
- ¼ cup diced banana
- ¼ cup unsweetened muesli (see Note)
- 1-2 teaspoons honey or pure maple syrup
- Stir together yogurt, blueberries, apple, banana, muesli and honey (or maple syrup) to taste in a bowl.
Snack: Yoplait Light Yogart (Fruit Flavors)
Lunch: BBQ Chicken Salad
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 (8.75 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil grate. Grill chicken 10 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear. Remove from heat, cool, and cube.
- In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, celery, red bell pepper, onion, and corn.
- In a small bowl, mix together the barbeque sauce and mayonnaise. Pour over the chicken and veggies. Stir, and chill until ready to serve.
Dinner: Red Quinoa Salad with Beets, Kale, and Parmesean
1 cup uncooked red quinoa
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
2 teaspoons honey
1/2 tablespoon finely minced shallot
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 packed cups thinly sliced lacinato kale
1/3 cup lightly toasted chopped pecans
10 ounce golden beet and/or candy-stripe beet, peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shaved Parmesan cheese
1. Soak quinoa in cold water to cover 15 minutes; drain. Bring 1 1/4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan; stir in quinoa. Cover and simmer 15 minutes. Remove pan from heat; let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Fluff quinoa with a fork; scrape into a large bowl.
2. Whisk together oil and next 7 ingredients in a small bowl. Add kale, pecans, and beet to quinoa; toss gently to combine. Drizzle with vinaigrette, and toss gently to coat. Top with cheese.