Bagel Gone Bananas- Breakfast
Recipe from www.eatingwell.com
Prep Time: 5 Min
Ingredients: 2 tablespoons natural nut butter, such as almond, cashew or peanut 1 teaspoon honey Pinch of salt 1 whole-wheat bagel, split and toasted 1 small banana, sliced
Prep: Stir together nut butter, honey and salt in a small bowl. Divide the mixture between bagel halves and top with banana slices.
Grilled Zucchini Roll-Ups With Herbs and Cheese-Snack
ReRecipe from www.health.com
Preheat grill or grill pan to medium. 2. Discard the outermost slices of zucchini; brush the rest with oil on both sides. Sprinkle the zucchini slices with salt and pepper. Grill until tender, about 4 minutes per side. You can prepare the zucchini a day ahead and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.3. In a small bowl, combine the goat cheese, parsley, and lemon juice, mashing together with a fork. 4. Put 1/2 teaspoon of the cheese mixture about 1/2 inch from the end of a zucchini slice. Top with a few spinach leaves and a small (or half of a large) basil leaf. Roll up and place seam side down on a platter. Repeat with remaining zucchini slices. You can make these up to a day in advance; store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Mediterranean Veggie Burgers-Lunch
Recipes from www.cleaneatingmag.com
Serves: 6Hands-on Time: 20 minutesTotal Time: 1 hour
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 15-oz BPA-free cans unsalted chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole-wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup natural unsalted tahini (TRY: Once Again Natural Tahini)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted black olives
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mist a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, garlic, egg, panko, spinach, green onions, tahini, cilantro, lemon juice, oil, salt, cumin and coriander. Pulse until almost smooth. (NOTE: Do not over-mix; leave a few chunks of chickpeas in mixture.) Transfer mixture to a large bowl and fold in peppers, feta and olives.
- Shape mixture into 6 equal patties and transfer to baking sheet, flattening each patty slightly. Bake for 40 minutes, turning halfway, until golden brown.
TIP: Serve with out exclusive Tahini Lemon Dressing!
Butternut Squash Lasagna with Kale Pesto-Dinner
Recipe from www.cleaneatingmag.com
Serves: 4Hands-on Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes.
- 1 tbsp + ½ tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 1/3 cups peeled, seeded and finely chopped butternut squash (¼-inch pieces)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tbsp organic unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp white whole-wheat flour
- 1½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 6 whole-grain lasagna noodles
- 5 cups chopped kale, thick stems removed (about ½ bunch)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup blanched unsalted almonds or walnuts
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Mist a rimmed baking sheet and an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet on medium and brush with ½ tsp oil. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until slightly softened, 2 minutes. Add squash, ¼ tsp salt and nutmeg and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Add orange juice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until squash is tender but still holds its shape, about 6 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile in a medium saucepan on medium, melt butter. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Whisk in broth and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low until sauce thickens slightly, 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Using tongs, transfer noodles to prepared sheet, separating gently. Cut each noodle in half crosswise to yield 12 pieces. Set aside.
- In same pot of boiling water, cook kale until wilted, about 30 seconds. Drain. In a food processor, pulse garlic until finely chopped. Add almonds, pepper, kale and remaining 1 tbsp oil and ¼ tsp salt; process until a paste forms. Stir in 1 tbsp Parmesan. Set pesto aside.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta, egg and 2 tbsp Parmesan.
- Spread 3 tbsp sauce on bottom of baking dish and cover bottom with 4 noodle pieces. Spread with half of ricotta, one-third of pesto then half of squash mixture. Top with 4 noodle pieces then with half of remaining sauce. Repeat with remaining half of ricotta, half of remaining pesto and 4 noodle pieces, and spread remaining sauce on top. Add remaining squash and dollop with remaining pesto. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp Parmesan. Cover loosely with foil and bake until cheese is melted and filling is bubbly, about 30 minutes.